Home remedies for Psoriasis
It is a chronic autoimmune condition that causes the build-up of skin cells. The skin’s surface gets scaling with the build-up of cells. There are redness and inflammation around the scales, which is fairly common.
Mostly, classic psoriasis scales are whitish silver and develop in thick with red patches. Sometimes these patches will crack and bleed, scales typically develop anywhere on the body. Psoriasis can develop anywhere in the body i.e. hands, feet, neck, scalp, face. The less common area affected is the nails, mouth, and the area around the genitals.
We can try some name remedies for Psoriasis without resorting to steroid and immunosuppressive drugs.
- Stress reduction and meditation:
These diseases and psoriasis with stress are very closely and of course, do meditation to alter the brain neural pathways making you more resilient to stress.
- Breathing:Take a 5-minute break, 2 to 3 times a day, and focus on your breath by doing deep abdominal breathing
- Yoga, dancing:Doing yoga, dancing, listening to music are great ways of remaining de-stressed. Reiki is also helpful.
- Sleep and exercise:Sleep can only repair your body during deep sleep and it’s extremely important. Again do exercise for 30 min daily to help you feel good and it is beneficial for your health.
- Loose weight:Several studies suggest that by shedding a few kilos your skin gets better. Quit smoking if you do that, and of course, keep your skin moisturized at all times.
- Avoid alcohol:It increases the flare-up of Psoriasis, stay away from alcohol.
- Gluten-free:Your psoriasis symptoms may improve if you go gluten-free. Use gluten-free grains like Buckwheat, Quinoa, Millets, Amaranth, Con, and oats.
- Avoid processed foods:Refined foods, junk foods with trans fats, starches, and sugar all cause Psoriasis flare-ups.
- Keep your body alkaline:Eat foods like fruits, vegetables, nuts, and sprouts which keep the internal pH of your body alkaline.
- Healthy fats:Include fatty acids which are good like flex seeds, omega 3 like olive and coconut oil, good fats from seeds and nuts are also important.